You can use the sensor to detect day and night or it could be used as auxiliary information about someone's presence.
The spectral response of the sensor tightly matches the photopic response of the human eye and includes significant infrared rejection.
- Digital ambient light sensor OPT3001 (TI)
- Communication using I²C bus
- Measures in the range from 0.01 to 83,000 lux
- 23-bit effective dynamic range
- Optional interrupt output
- Power consumption:
- Active current: 1.8 µA
- Shutdown current: 0.3 µA
- Operating voltage range: 1.6 V to 3.6 V
- Operating temperature range: -20 to 70 °C
- Mechanical dimensions: 16 x 16 mm