Signed agreement with your Sigfox network operator is a must.
Thanks to narrow band transmission, the device can communicate with the operator cell over a distance of more than 100 km.
This network has a wide range of applications. Its use is particularly useful in energy consumption meters (e.g. water meters, gas meters, etc.), environmental sensors (e.g. a CO₂ sensor), but also in applications for early reports of accidents or defects (e.g. water leak detector).
However, there are some limitations on the transmitted data. In the Sigfox network, only 140 messages a day with the maximum data payload of 12 bytes (96 bits) can be transferred from a device.
The Sigfox network is data-agnostic. That means it is up to you to define the structure of the data. On a Sigfox backend, you can specify the so-called callback, the service that will be called when data arrive from a device. For example, you can define a webhook to your server - the HTTP POST call with JSON body.
- Officialy certified Sigfox module
- Sigfox module WSSFM10R1AT (Wisol)
- Sigfox zone RCZ1 (Europe and Middle East)
- Communication using UART and AT commands
- SMA antenna ANT-SS900
- Standby power consumption 2 μA
- Power consumption of 65 mA for about 6 seconds
- Operating voltage range: 1.8 to 3.6 V
- Operating temperature range: -20 to 70 °C
- Dimensions: 33 x 55 mm